The following links may have some additional information related to the rollingstock recorded on the ComRails site:
Commercial Rail Operations
- Great Southern Railway
- Operator of the Ghan, Indian Pacific and Overland service using former Commonwealth, South Australia and Australian National Rollingstock.
- Operator of the suburban system in Adelaide. It is the Government owned suscessor to the South Australian Railways suburban operation.
Historic and Tourist Rail Operations
- National Railway Museum Port Adelaide
- The National Railway Museum Port Adelaide houses the largest undercover collection of locomotives, passenger carriages and freight vehicles in South Australia. All three railway gauges used in South Australia are represented. The collection comprises steam engines and the diesel locomotives and railcars which replaced them.
The National Railway Museum Port Adelaide was former called Port Dock Station Railway Museum.
- The Australian Railway Historical Society (SA Division) operated the Victor Harbor Tourist Railway. They have an extensive collectionof former South Australian Railway Rollingstock.
- Pichi Richi Railway
- Operate out of Quorn, South Australia with an extensive collection of former South Australian and Commonwealth Railways rollingstock.
- Spirit of the West
- South Spur Rail Services are a Western Australia based private operator who operate a Restaurant Train service called Spirit of the West, using Australian Railway Historical Society coaches and a specially painted K class diesel locomotive, as an offshoot company called the Midland Railway Company.
- Victorian Goldfields
- Operator of the Castlemaine and Maldon Railway. They have a large collection of former Victorian Railways rollingstock.
- Australian Society of Section Car Operators Inc.
- A great site for anyone interrested in Section Cars.
- South Australian Railway Page
- Douglas Colquhoun's site about the South Australian Railways.
Other Rail Information
- Rail Page
- The best place to start if you are searching for information about rail operations in Australia. It is the host site for ComRails.
- They support the TRAINZ system. Has some useful photographs and drawings.
- The drawings of the former Australian National/South Australian Railways and Commonwealth Railways of Australia are available to the Public. Inteltrans, who manage these drawings, have a web site that contains indexes and some samples.
- Contains a lot of very good information about the rail operation at Minnipa in South Australia, including rollingstock and rail operations.
- Preserved Steam Down-Under
- Contains a lot of information about Preserved steam-locomotive in Australia.
- The Internet Railroad Directory - Over 3,800 rail-related links, search engine, forum, ICQ List, and more!
- The Locomotive Cab
- Lots of various information, including some rather nice animated GIFs of trains.
- OnTrack DownUnder
- OnTrack DownUnder - Peter Ormsby, Steam Train Artist.
- Derby Sulzer
- Site contains information about Sulzer, including information about the Commonwealth Railway NSU and NT locomotives.